Tuesday, September 9, 2014

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Nicole Simone

 5 Questions with Author Nicole Simone 

Q1. How did you get into writing? How do you pick your topics? And what are your favorite aspects of penning a novel?

 A. My entire family are writers so it was hard not to follow that same path. Still, for years I fought against my love of the written word and thought about becoming a psychologist. Halfway through my junior year in college, I realized staying up till 2:00 am writing novels instead of doing homework was a sign. Two months later, I switched my major to creative writing.

As corny as it sounds, I don’t pick my topics, they pick me. My last five novels are based off a newspaper article, real life or a dream I had. The beauty of being a writer is that anything and everything can spur inspiration. That has to be my favorite part of penning a novel. Those beginning stages when the characters are taking shape and you have no idea what journey your about to embark on. For me, I write by the seat of my pants so I’m just as surprised as the reader when a fork in the road is presented.


Q2. Love of a Rockstar offers a different perspective on the rock lifestyle as it focuses on the family left behind and having to choose between career and family. What was your inspiration for the story and this angle of those left behind during life on the road?

A. My boyfriend is the Bass player and singer in a band called Boxhoused. While they are not currently touring at the moment, I always wonder what will happen when they do. Will the separation be too much? Can I handle the adoring fans? So on and so forth. Love of a Rockstar was formed out of those questions.


Q3. What kinds of music inspire you? Who are some of your favorite bands?

A. All kinds of music inspire me. Seriously, I’m not picky but lately my selection has felt kind of stale. If anybody has suggestions on what I should listen to next, please chime in.  


Q4. What is your favorite scene from the book?

A. My favorite scene from Love of a Rockstar is when Luke shows up at Marlene’s door, desperate to see his daughter and wanting to win back the love of his life. You can feel the regret about the life Luke has chosen in every word he utters. It’s heartbreaking!  


Q5. You have a new book out, The Accidental Kiss. Any plans for a sequel to Love of a Rockstar? Perhaps with Camille and Jonathan where we’d see more of Marlene and Luke in their next phases of life??? 

A. There is a strong demand for a sequel but at the same time, people aren’t the biggest fans of Camille due to her actions in Love of a Rockstar.  However, I wasn’t quite ready for the story to end either! Love of a Firefighter is about Camille but with a plot I feel very few people will expect. Keep a lookout for it early 2015.


Thanks Nicole and let us know when Love of a Firefighter  is ready for release. 


Nicole Simone works in digital media by day and at night, pen’s character driven romance novels that will make your mama blush. She lives in Los Angeles, C.A with her fat bulldog named Humphrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment