Saturday, November 1, 2014

RELEASE/REVIEW: The Rocker Who Cherishes Me by Terri Anne Browning

~SYNOPSIS~

The Rocker Who Cherishes Me
Wroth

The Marines took me from a Tennessee farm boy and turned me into a hard man. Between the things I’d seen during my tour of duty and the things I’d done during my years as a member of OtherWorld, nothing could faze me. Nothing.

Except for HER.

She’s everything that is good in the world. At least, my world. Everything I’ve ever done has been for her. Always for her. I feel as if I need her to breathe, to feel alive. But I can’t have
Marissa. She’s to innocent, to damn perfect. And me? I’m not good enough for that girl. She deserves better, someone who would spend their life CHERISHING her. Not breaking her heart.

Marissa

Between my brother and Wroth Niall I’d been protected from the world for most of my life. You would think I was still a little girl the way they treated me. But I wasn’t made out of glass. It would take a lot to break this girl. Because if a childhood cancer hadn’t kicked my
butt, nothing would. Right?


Wrong.

All I’ve ever wanted was for him to look at me. Really look at me and see that I wasn’t a fragile piece of porcelain that would break if he touched me. What I got was a lot more…but
nowhere close to enough. Once I touched heaven—at least heaven for me—and now I didn’t know how to go back to what Wroth and I had had before. I can’t go back to the life I was living before my short time with Wroth. It would destroy me to stay that close, when I know that I’m not what he really wants. So when my brother asks me to go on tour with him yet again, I decide to jump on that tour bus without a backwards glance.
Only I wasn’t prepared to be stuck on HIS bus.

PURCHASE LINKS:



BOOK REVIEW: The Rocker Who Cherishes Me (The Rocker…series #8) by Terri Anne Browning

5 Stars 
“The voice in my head, the one that constantly told me that I was no good for this girl, that I would only bring her heartache and taint her with the evilness that I had seen and performed while in the Marines was quieter than usual. The voice of my heart, the one that always seemed so faint was suddenly screaming to take what was mine. Love her, cherish her.”
Marissa Bryant has been in love with OtherWorld guitarist Wroth Niall since she was a teen stricken with cancer.  Wroth had struggled with being worthy of Marissa for several years.  And when they finally took their chance on love, one night tore them apart. Meanwhile his bandmate, Devlin, didn’t fair much better when it came to keeping his girl.

The tour that brought Axton and Dallas together (in The Rocker Who Wants Me) destroyed Marissa and Wroth and Natalie and Devlin’s budding romances, leaving both girls broken hearted. But these rock girls are tough, and they aren’t going to let the boys keep dragging them down for long. In fact, they might just try to turn the tables on them. 

Marissa is such a sweetie and has tremendous strength for all she’s been through. One of the great things about the females in The Rocker...series is how they trudge through and stay strong even when they are hurting.  There’s a lot of fun female bonding in this one, and the camaraderie among the girls comes through. There’s also quite a few steamy “foreplay” scenes between her and Wroth. Grab your fan to cool yourself down. Is it hot in that roost or what? :)

As always, the other band members have fun appearances, making you wish you were a part of their close knit crew. Who knew Shane looked good in peach or that Jesse’s twins were breast men already! ;-)  There’s also hints about future books planted along the way that will have you itching for the next installments. Natalie and Devlin teasers abound.  Trust me, you won’t want to put this down.

Can Wroth finally step up to the plate in time to win Marissa’s heart back and regain her trust, or will Marissa go through with her plan to return the heartache?

Find out the circumstances of the incident that broke Marissa’s heart, and what Wroth intends to do to fix it.  Once again Terri delivers a stunning HEA, and this one is so creative and unique! I won’t spoil it with any details because there are lots of great turns along the way, but I will say leave it to Emmie to help make magic happen. 


~EXCERPT~

Wroth

Unedited. Subjected to Changes
Mature Language



She was out on the dance floor with a glass of something fruity in one hand and her other hand wrapped around Rhett’s arm as she danced between him, Natalie and Linc. I slammed my now empty bottle of beer down onto the bar top, making Emmie who had been standing close by jump. But I didn’t think to apologize. My mind was cloudy but focused on only one mission.
Kiss Marissa. 

“F*ck, why am I the only sober one when he is suddenly shit faced?” I thought I heard Axton whine behind me.
Was I shitfaced? Maybe, but I didn’t care. 


As I strode toward my girl someone stepped in front of me, but I pushed past him, not caring if I knocked the man on his ass or not. As I drew closer Natalie and Linc stopped dancing and Natalie took a few steps back, pulling Linc with her. After a small hesitation she reached for Rhett and tugged him back with her and the muscle head. Marissa, oblivious to her friends’ desertion and my approach continued to sway to the soft music with her eyes nearly closed. 


My buzzed mind decided to take advantage of her like that and I wrapped my arms around her from behind. My hands folded around her waist and I lowered my head even as she stiffened in my arms. Burying my nose in her neck I inhaled like a man deprived of oxygen would take in lungful after lungful of fresh air. Dallas had been right earlier. Marissa’s shampoo did smell good. It was something different from what she had once used, but it smelled delicious and made her hair soft and shiny. 


Marissa tried to turn in my arms but I tightened my hold around her waist, locking her in place against me. As if it had developed a mind of its own, my tongue snuck out and tasted the soft skin under her ear, rewarding me instantly with a shiver that she was unable to contain. Around us everyone else disappeared and I swayed to the music with her. I didn’t dance, but if it meant I got to have her in my arms then I would do the f*cking Macarena.


A NOTE FROM TERRI:

Having had a passion for reading from the time my aunt first handed me my first romance, I slowly grew bored with just reading. I wanted to control the characters, make them into who I wanted them to be and that way I was never disappointed with the endings. I soon learned that it isn't always that easy. The characters control the author. But that is all part of the fun when creating a new story. Seeing where these people take you on their journey to find their soul-mate has become my new passion and getting to incorporate my love of music--Rock music in particular--has been a dream come true. Thanks for taking this crazy ride with me, and I can't wait to see where we go next!

Facebook     Email     Website     Twitter

RELEASE LAUNCH HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment