Tuesday, July 14, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Jerked by BB Hamel

~Synopsis~
My future stepbrother. My personal bodyguard. 

Colin Blake is a mob a**hole. He’s rude, crude, and loves a good fight. He’s arrogant, self-assured, and won’t hesitate to take what he wants.

And we’re stuck in the same house. All because my psycho ex-boyfriend is chasing me down and won’t stop until he steals me back.

Worst of all, my stepbrother bodyguard treats me like a prisoner, and I’m supposed to act like I’m not staring when he walks around in just a towel. The truth is, I hate him for jerking me around when were younger, but I still want to taste his lips whenever we talk.

I can’t stand it.

I hate that I need his help. I hate that I want his body. Even with the mob ready to go to war, all I can think about is his cocky grin driving me insane.

Jerked contains mature content (explicit sexual situations, violence, and mature language), and is recommended for audiences 18+

Jerked is a standalone, full-length novel. No cliffhanger.
GOODREADS

~Book Review~
4.75 Stars

Irish mob daughter Brenna O’Brian has returned home to escape her Italian mobster ex and mend fences with her estranged father.  For her protection she’s assigned a bodyguard— Colin Blake, her almost adopted brother/second in line to her father.

In the years since she’s been away, Colin has gotten hotter, harder, and sexier than when she last crushed on him, and while he might have left an opportunity with her escape in the past, he’s not about to make that mistake twice. 
“She was the first woman that I really wanted, and the first one I had turned down. I spent many, many nights regretting that choice since then, and many, many lonely days imagining what it would have been like to slip my hard cock into the Princess’s wet little pussy.”
Colin is a confident, dirty talking, dominant, dangerous mob boy, packing guns and condoms. He breaks knees for a living and he gets a thrill from it. Turns out the one thing he enjoys more than fighting though is f*cking. 
“‛I’d love to pull those sexy pants down around your ankles, bend you over, and slip my tongue along your soaked pussy…We can do it right here, if you want. I can make you come on my tongue while you try not to make too much noise.’”
Colin is undeniably hot and the perfect bad boy book boyfriend. He’s well endowed and ready to go at all times: 
“I was practically tearing out of my pants. I wanted to bend her over right there, f*ck her up against the historical fiction section.”
He’s giving and generous: 
“‛I’d soak through a hundred more shirts to taste that again.’”
And despite his cut-throat profession, he has an upstanding sweet sweeter side to him as well. ;-) 
“I’m the Santa Claus of violent criminals.”
Brenna is a likeable character too and one lucky girl. Once things heat up between them, they get really steamy. And does this boy have serious stamina! Just reading about it practically had me panting.

Told via Brenna and Colin’s alternating POV, the story has touches of suspense and just the right amount of drama without angst.  In the beginning they are both harboring a slight secret from each other but I was pleased that it wasn’t drug out and didn’t cause unnecessary misunderstanding.  It was refreshing to get a couple working together and not letting outside forces separate them. This story is all about the sexy adventures and action plot.  I also enjoyed the fact that despite all the girls that Colin could have, once Brenna reenters the picture he only has eyes for her.  

My only real critique was a few choices of wording. Brenna (and I believe even Colin) refer to her privates as her “spot” a little too frequently.  It was different but a little tiresome after a while. Also, Colin is often referred to as her step-brother, but I’m not sure that’s entirely accurate as step-siblings are usually defined by having one parent married to another, which is not the case here.  None-the-less, those are just minor issues and the story is still an incredibly enjoyable read.  Colin and Brenna make a good couple, and I recommend them for your next steamy read.  


No comments:

Post a Comment