Thursday, January 28, 2016

RELEASE/REVIEW: Owned by the Hitman by Alexis Abbott

hitmanbanner
Genre: Mafia Romance
Release Date: January 27, 2016

~Synopsis~

“You will be my woman for a year, servant to my whims and desires. I will not hurt you, unless you want me to.”

I'm in deep to the Mafia. My father was the one who made the deal, and when I inherited his club, I also inherited his troubles.

Ivan wants to save me, or so he says. More like he wants me to be his slave for a year. After the one-night stand I had with him, though, would that be so bad? With his impossibly hard body, and the way he always makes me scream...

But he's still a monster. He's a criminal, and something so much worse.

And yet I can't stop the tingling in my body every time I think of how he touched me, and those dark but delicious words rolling off his tongue, tinged with his Russian accent.

He knows what I'll say, even before I do. "I'll take your offer."

hitmancover
~Book Review~
3.5/4 Stars

Katy Foss is trying to keep her father’s club, The Amber Room, a float. It’s all she has left of him. But her father left some debts and the Russian mafia is still collecting.

Ivan Dragomirov  is a hitman for the mafia. His job is to end people’s lives, but he just might be Katy’s savior. An offer to be indentured to him, her anonymous one night stand, for one year might be the best option Katy has.

Ivan is a fairly interesting character; he’s dangerous, dark and reserved, yet seemed to have a soft spot for Katy.
“I keep wondering when the cutesy-date portion of our day will end and my Prince Charming transforms back into my domineering sex master.”
Ivan certainly had potential; I just really wish the characters and the story would have been fleshed out more. I had some trouble connecting with them.  I definitely craved more of a build up, and I felt like scenes were missing that would have contributed to that. The timeframe often skips ahead (from New Years Eve to Valentine’s Day to St. Patrick’s Day, etc.) and I was left wondering about their interactions in between.  Since they’ve not met before the night of their one night stand, I needed more of them getting to know each other to become invested in the romance angle.

All in all, if you are looking for a quicker, sexy read with overtones of danger, then this one fits the bill. Told via Ivan and Katy's alternating first person POV, Owned by the Hitman is a standalone. 

hitmanad

alexisI'm Alexis Abbott, and I love bad boys, gritty backdrops, and super steamy sex! Sign up for my mailing list to be notified of new releases, sales, giveaways, and lots of other fun stuff ;)

 Website    Newsletter    Amazon     Facebook 




~Other Books by Alexis Abbott~
Amazon
criminalcover
Ruthless New

jomppromotionsx

No comments:

Post a Comment