Monday, September 14, 2026

BOOK REVIEW: Hate You (Rebel Ink #1) by Tracy Lorraine

 

4.25 Stars

Unbeknownst to his upper-class family, Zack Abbot owns Rebel Ink, a chain of tattoo studies in the UK and US.  While he’s out of town, his staff at his home shop in London hires a new receptionist, and she’s everything he doesn’t think he wants or needs.

“You’re everything I hate in a woman. Everything I’ve tried to leave behind. Yet you’re here. Tempting me. Driving me crazy.”

An art grad student, Tabatha Anderson wants to escape her parent’s elite and snobbish life. But Zack’s too blinded by his distain for what he thinks she represents to get to know her…well until he starts to get to know her in other ways.

It’s not short on steam, which is plus. And the pair definitely have chemistry. It’s a love-hate romance so their interactions are both heated and combative.  

“Everything’s fair in love and war, Kitten.”

Told via their alternating first person POV, Zack struggles with emotional attachment and social class hang-ups and takes it out on Tabitha. And while she doesn’t take his crap, especially in the beginning, I would have liked to see her push back more as things progressed and it continued. There’s alpha and then there’s anger management issues and Zack had both. Though he does thankfully grow as a character and begins to open his eyes. I was kinda surprised when they were both stated to be 27 since their issues of finding their identity and accepting themselves seemed more representative of 18–24-year-olds rather than late 20s.

Never the less, I did like both characters as well as the supporting ones too. I’m interested in reading about the other guys in the shop who were all sweeties to Tabby. I hope the series continues some unresolved plot points with Tabatha’s life (i.e. her parents) that seemed like it got brushed over in the epilogue.  One last note, I also gotta say, Zack’s mom was a saint when it comes to his family.

Finally, major points on the realistic cover art! I loathe these cartoon covers that have taken over the adult romance market (like don’t even get me started) so it was refreshing to see a real person/model who reflects the character.

Safety Recap:


 GOODREADS

*E-book purchased from Amazon.. All reviews written by Book-Bosomed Book Blog are honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment