Tuesday, May 19, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Rebel by Kim Linwood

~Synopsis~

I married my stepbrother. 

Yeah, no one’s more surprised than me. I can’t f*cking stand him. 

All I wanted was a quiet summer before starting college. Catch up on my books. Maybe get a summer job. Then he dropped into my life. 

His name’s Gavin Caldwell, and he’s stupidly rich. Cocky. Arrogant. Ridiculously, panty-meltingly hot. 

And he’s parading around our bridal suite shirtless. Pantless. 

He has no freaking shame, and I have to pretend to be in love with him. 

I hate him. 

So why can’t I stop thinking about him?

~Book Review~
4.75 Stars

An almost club hook-up acquaints Stanford bound pre-med student Angie Wilson with tattoo clad rich boy Gavin Caldwell. Though she gets an eyeful, she hasn’t seen the last of him.

The first line of the synopsis (see above) was my hook for this book. There’s a ton of step-brother romances on the market right now and while the initial premise (girl meets boy; unbeknownst to boy and girl their parents meet; girl and boy find out they are going to be stepsiblings) was typical of many step-sibling stories, where the plot goes from there was what made this story a fun and enjoyable ride…or cruise.

It’s kinda like contemporary step-sibling romance meets Love Boat.  Except Captain Stubing is an adventure (tall) telling silver fox; Gopher is young, awkward, and has bad timing; Isaac might spit in your glass; there’s no Julie or Doc. And I kept wondering what guest star might play Mabel and Joyce (I'd vote Betty White). ;-)  Either way, the love at sea aspect is all there along with plenty of scenes that would have been way too hot for TV in the ‘80’s. 
“Angie’s writhing on my lap like a cat in heat. My hot little pussy. I knew she had it in her, and I want to rip those panties off and f*ck her silly…”
Gavin is the dirty-whispering, arrogant, spoiled bad boy who becomes quite the book boyfriend as the cruise sails along.   
“‛I’ll have to settle for dreaming of you on our wedding night. On all fours, with your gown up around your waist.’”
Angie is a cute and likeable heroine. She’s a little naïve at times, but she also knows how to push Gavin’s buttons. As he does hers. They are exactly what each other needs, but it takes them being “secluded” together on their parent’s marriage cruise to discover that. And that’s exactly what I loved about the story. There’s no angst, no clichéd jealous schemers trying to keep them apart.  Love is a journey, about getting to know each other, feeding that exciting but confusing spark and turning it into an eternal flame. Rebel follows that course...with a boat-load of fun and flirty scenes that kept me glued to my Kindle from the time I one-clicked till I reached the last page.

I don’t want to spoil the details of the “marriage” but I will say it was one of my favorite parts. This is what light-hearted romance is all about!  It’s sweet; it’s sexy; it's sweet-n-sexy little moments; it’s go with the moment fun that makes new adult stories so full of possibilities.

How will Angie and Gavin’s parents react when they find out what they’ve done?  Is their own parent’s relationship even based on stable ground?  What will it take for Angie to finally lose her v-card to the cocky boy who wets her panties but might soon be her big bro?  And how will they handle the new family roles once they dock on shore? Find out what goes on behind cabin doors and how love floats on this boat. 
“I know exactly what kind of brotherly love he has for me, and chivalry has nothing to do with it.”
Rebel is a fun, pack your sunscreen and bikini, steamy, shower spraying, spanking, new adult contemporary romance to jump on board with. Plus, no Titanic endings here.


Kim Linwood is a sucker for bad boys, billionaires and alpha males. If they're all three at once, that's even better. When she's not writing about romantic conflicts and witty dialogue, she's herding two growing boys (who are of course not bad) with her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment