Wednesday, August 1, 2018

BOOK REVIEW: NSFW by Piper Lawson

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Play #2

~Synopsis~

Being bad never felt so good... 

Everything in my office is off-limits. Making a charity calendar of the hot guys on your floor? Not allowed. 

Shrinking your boss' underwear when he sends it for dry-cleaning? Can't do that either. 

But those things keep the natural balance. See, Avery Banks, our resident rising star, is a shark. 

The tall, blond, and gorgeous kind with zero patience and even less forgiveness. 

Good thing I'm the Mae West of executive assistants. I live to put grown men in their place.

He wasn't supposed to find out. 

Now he's made it his personal mission to screw me the way I screwed him. 

OK. Not exactly the way I screwed him..

Avery's new game is hot. Messy. Twisted.

But he's my boss. And what we're doing is strictly NSFW. 

Luckily, Avery and I have one thing in common.

We both suck at following the rules. 



~Book Review~
4.5 Stars

Charlotte “Charlie” Merriweather, 24, has pulled one over on her boss one too many times. Avery Banks, 29, has had enough of his untamable assistant’s pranks.

I liked Charlie in the first book, Play, and I wasn’t disappointed here. She’s fun and has a devious desire to chip away at the patriarchal power house in the corporate office environment.  I wasn’t too sure about Avery in the first book, but he totally won me over in this one. His cool, controlled, and reserved businessman aura falls away to reveal a dirty-talking hottie with a heart and integrity under the suit.  The pair had chemistry, and I felt the sparks between them. They were hot together!
“I want to fuck you so fucking badly.”
There was good build-up both on the lust and love front. Their relationship plays out like a progression from misperceived abhorrence to attraction to love and the reader gets to experience each step.
 “‘They can’t look into your eyes and know you need it slower even though you’re begging for faster. That you’re about to come. Can’t add a finger in just the right spot when you’re about to fall off the edge.’”
The character development is solid. I understood what drove both of them, what held them back, their weaknesses, and their strengths. There wasn’t any unnecessary drama; the story deals with the issues between their personalities after two years of working together yet never connecting till now.

The absence of OW/OM drama also helped to make the romantic vibe stronger, and undoubtedly sealed the swoon-worthy factor on Avery.
“I don’t believe in fucking one person when you’re thinking about someone else.”
I can’t applaud this sentiment enough. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone. Give this man an award. Better yet, clone him! There’s a distinct shortage in the romance market of heroes who can keep it in their pants. And the fact of the matter is, it’s so much hotter when they drop them for the heroine.
“‘Tonight, when my mouth is between your thighs, I look forward to hearing exactly what you want.’”
Told via Charlie’s first person POV (Avery gets a chapter in the epilogues), the overall tone is light-hearted and feel-good (floved the open mic stand-up show) with the exception of one somber episode.

Payton and Max from the first book make appearances and Riley gets his story in the next book.
AMAZON      B&N 

~Also in the Series~
Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment