Monday, August 16, 2021

BOOK REVIEW: Driven Wild by Kim Linwood

4.35 Stars

Race car driver Brandon Graves was Zoe Chandler’s celebrity crush till her best friend fell in love with his brother and she got to met him. Then he became a real-life annoyance. Still, that doesn’t stop the trouble-making pair from getting drunk and married in Vegas.

“'Because if you’re looking to get this annulled, we consummated the fuck out of this marriage.’”

But to avoid steeling the spotlight during Carter and Sadie’s wedding preparations, Brandon and Zoe agree to keep things quiet—well about the marriage anyways. Everything else they do isn’t so silent.

“G-spots or G-forces, who cares when it feels this amazing?”

This is the second book in the Graves Brothers series, but it can be read as a standalone. Brandon’s brother Carter was adorable in the previous title so I was a little worried that Brandon could live up, but it turns out he’s just as entertaining and hot too. Though a no-strings-attached guy, Brandon’s head, hard-on, and soon heart are all in for Zoe as the pair trade snarky barbs, sexy innuendos, and stir up mischief that proves just how well suited they are for each other.

"I gasp as her fingers circle my shaft like a cock ring made of ice.”

I honestly thought they were closer to two peas in a pod than opposites attract when it came right down to it.

“‘I won’t crush what make him him, but I won’t let it drag him down, either.’”

And I didn’t think Brandon was the screw-up his family pegged him as. That award had to go to Sadie’s parents, who kept things on the edge as to what mishap these retirees would land themselves in next. Meanwhile, I side-eyed Cousin Ethan a few times. I think Grandma Gladys better keep an eye on him.

 Told via Brandon and Zoe’s alternating first person POV, this is a funny and steamy tale. I had several laugh out loud moments.

“‘On a horror scale from Saw to The Great Pumpkin, we’re solidly in Charlie Brown territory,’”

 Oldest brother and workaholic Axton is next in the series. I can’t wait to read Frisky Business, while also keeping my fingers crossed that there’s a book for Dani to come.

Safety Recap: 


*I volunteered to review this ARC from the author. All reviews written by Book-Bosomed Book Blog are honest opinions. In the interest of providing unbiased book reviews and to avoid misleading other readers, it is the blog’s policy not to withhold or delay any reviews no matter the star rating. To the best of my knowledge, this title was presented to the blog without any conditions or stipulations.

GOODREADS     AMAZON     BOOKBUB


~Also in the Series~

#1


No comments:

Post a Comment