Sunday, April 3, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Things Liars Hide by Sara Ney

Series#ThreeLittleLies #2

~Synopsis~
Secrets, secrets, everybody has them...
Tabitha Thompson is many things, but a liar isn't one of them. Unless you count the sexy secret she's spent a year hiding from everyone: her friends, her family. The secret she never counted on anyone discovering...

One chance encounter.

One clumsy mistake.

One sexy discovery.

Now, only Collin Keller stands in the way of her secret--and everyone else. And he just may be the one who ruins it all...

Tabitha Thompson, you secretive little sneak...




~Book Review~
4.25 Stars

This is book 2 in the #threelittlelies novella series. It can be read as a standalone. But if you’ve read book 1 then this is Grey’s older brother and Cal’s older sister and told from their dual first person POV.
“…it feels like fishing for a boyfriend in the family pond.”
This story is cute, funny, and lighthearted.  I’m always weary of blurbs that talk about “secrets” because rarely are they original and often they are either overblown drama or something unromantic. But that’s not the case here. Tabitha’s secret is really cute and one I think romance readers will get a smile out of. I definitely got a chuckle out of her “book-bosomed” scene:
 “Yeah, you heard me—she’s smelling the book.  Who does that? Then, as if that wasn’t weird enough, Tabitha grasps the book tightly, clutches it to her chest, and…hugs it?”
The entire coffee shop scene had me giggling and the “hostage situation”…well there’s some adorable humor in this story. Collin, 26, gets credit for a lot of it. He’s a great down-to-earth guy who’s also an attractive mix of confident and mischievous.
“I’ve seen what I’ve seen and I can’t un-see it.”
I love the way he toyed with spunky but high strung Tabitha, 24, over the situation.

It was an enjoyable read although it didn’t quite have the depth between the couple like the first book. Grey and Cal make appearances though and I loved seeing them again, even if only for brief glimpses. It actually made me want to read their book again!

AMAZON


~Also in the Series~
Book Review

No comments:

Post a Comment