Sunday, April 1, 2018

BOOK REVIEW: Filthy English by Ilsa Madden-Mills

2.75/ 3 Stars

Remi Montague is on vacation in London with her best friend. She’s supposed to be there on her honeymoon but her fiancé called off the wedding just before the big event. Instead out at a bar one night she runs into her old flame, Dax Blay. One kiss and both know it’s not really over.

I liked the beginning of this book and the end. I felt their chemistry right away so it was easy to get into the story and their romance. I really wanted to see them get back together. Had the plot played out more as a journey of reconnection, this might have been fabulous. But instead the more lighthearted love-hate banter gives way to a rather angsty feel. There’s just so much back and forth, mind changing, and miscommunication not just from one chapter to the next but within a given chapter. I also don’t like stories where I have to keep wondering if the hero is going to slip back into his manwhore ways or if the heroine is going to turn to someone else to get over the heartbreak and this story just had too much of an OM presence.  

I liked both Dax and Remi and I think they had a lot of potential. While I wanted to shake them to make them come to their senses, I did understand both of their fears of hurt and loss.

Told via Dax and Remi’s alternating first person POV, this is a second chance enemies-to-lovers new adult romance. 

GOODREADS       AMAZON    

No comments:

Post a Comment