Wednesday, August 20, 2014

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Nazarea Andrews

5 Questions with Author Nazarea Andrews

Q1. What was your inspiration for creating the University of Branton and setting a series around it?

A. My hometown, which was very small and plays more heavily on the setting of book two, Beautiful Broken, and my college. Which was small and beautiful and where I fell in love with my husband.
College and a small town influenced me and made me the person I am. Both are hugely important to me and have a special place in my heart, even now that I live in a big city and I'm years past college. Branton allowed me to go back to that, briefly. 


Q2. Did you ever have a teacher/professor like Atticus?  How did your own university experience compared to Avery’s at UB?

A. Ha!!! No. Atticus, amazing as he is, was very much my imagination.  Avery had a very normal college experience, until Atticus threw her for a loop. I didn't. I left school early, worked several jobs between classes and never partied. But I loved my college experience.


Q3. Atticus and Dane are best friends but they have rather different personalities? If you were in a character in one of your books, which one would you be more attracted to/who is more your type and why?

A. Dane.  In a book, anyway. Dane is rough and rude and oh my god, I love him. He's also broken and furious and hurting. He's a MESS.
Atticus? Atti is the boy that Dane was, after he's sorted himself out. He still has his sharp edges and mess moments. But he's got his shit together for the most part. And in real life, who wouldn't want to be with that?


Q4. Avery is a great female character—she’s smart, organized, and determined. Can you give us any more background about how you created her character?  What are your favorite qualities about her?

A. Her determination. I love love how she's so intent on what she wants. I'm that way. The problem is that sometimes we're so focused on that we miss what's right in front of us. Avery needs to learn that. 


Q5. Will we ever get another book with Atticus and Avery as the main characters? I know they make appearances in later books, but any plans for them to have a second story? A second pirate book that Atticus writes and they research together? A wedding? Kids? 

A. Haha, well. Maybe. If you read Sweet Ruin and Fractured Perfection (Oct 2015) you definitely get their next chapters. We might see novellas in the future. Maybe. :)


Thanks Nazarea! A novella with Atti and Avery would be great for their fans! We’ll keep our fingers crossed.  Keep us updated on the release of Fractured Perfection too.  

Nazarea Andrews is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. She loves chocolate and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, and overgrown dog.

Connect with her via her website, blog, Twitter, or Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment