Librarian, widower, and proud cat owner Charlie Harris has a
week off work, but between his son’s sudden arrival and a request from one of
the library patrons to assist with a private collection project, his time is
quicky filling up. Wealthy rare book collector James Delacorte thinks someone
in his household might be stealing from him so he enlists Charlie’s help to
inventory his rare collection. But when James is found dead, Charlie has both a
book and a killer to find.
Though #2 in the series, this is my first Cat in the Stacks mystery. I didn’t have any trouble following though so it can be read as a standalone. The amateur detective protagonist was likeable as were the supporting characters and the pets. The cast of suspects were eclectic and entertaining, adding a touch of humor to the story. It’s a cozy mystery so it’s light-hearted.
I enjoyed the story. It kept me engaged even if there weren’t any real twists. I did feel like the resolution was abrupt, and there were some plot points that I would have like to have seen materialize better. I assume they continue in future books, but still felt there should have been more closure since they were introduced in this one.
With 17 books in the series to date, I’ll probably check another one out, even if it’s not a must-read series for me.
*Title purchased from Barnes & Noble. All reviews written by Book-Bosomed Book Blog are honest opinions.

No comments:
Post a Comment