Sunday, September 14, 2014

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: 5 Questions Plus with Dex and the characters from Ashley Suzanne's Calling Card


Relationships are for the weak. Those individuals who have a problem being just that … individuals, people who can’t fathom standing on their own two feet and not being defined by another human being. 

I’m not, nor have I ever been, one of those people.

I’m me. Nothing more, nothing less. You can take it or leave it, but usually, they take it. And I proudly give it. Every. Last. Inch.

Companionship only lasts as long as it takes me to leave my card on the counter as I’m leaving before she wakes up.

My name’s Dexter MacFadden. What’s your number?


*Reader Warning #1*
 It is strongly recommended that Calling Card be read before the character interview to avoid spoilers. If you haven't picked up your copy yet, click below:  
Barnes & Noble

*Reader Warning #2
This interview is for mature audiences because this is Dex so of course he's going to speak candidly and that's why we enjoy him ;-)

Welcome everyone to Book-Bosomed Book Blog. Thanks for joining us. We’ll get things started with Dexter…

Q1. Dex—You shared quite an array of sexual experiences, good and bad. Were there many 1’s? What was your worst experience?

A.  I had a few 1's ... not too many, but there have been a few duds ... The first one that comes to mind ... okay, so, I was at a club in Amsterdam, and I may have enjoyed a few pastries (yeah, you know what I mean) and I saw this sexy little bombshell ... so fucking hot ... long, straight blonde hair with the lightest blue eyes ... not to mention the fantastic rack ... we ended up at her hotel and the bombshell said she'd be back in a second, she needed to change, so I waited on the bed for her to come back ... this bitch came back with another dude and was trying to get a threesome out of me ... hell to the fuck no ... I've never ran so fast in my life ... didn't even get to see how good she was ... automatic one.


Q2. Dex—You now realize how wrong your calling card system was. You really needed a wake-up call. How did it feel when the tables were turned on you? And how do you think most of the women that you left cards for would have rated you had they all had the opportunity?

A. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you it was wrong ...because for the longest time, it worked for me.  It was a great system and I'm sure there's a bunch more dudes out there that wish they had the balls that I do, but having the shit flipped on me ... I saw red ... I was having visions of me being that rockstar dude that ate the heads off bats ... Daniella was the fucking bat ... and baby, you never have to worry, I'm a perfect 10 each and every damn time .. that's why I assume they'd be so mad ... get fucked really good then left behind ... yeah, that would piss me off too.


Q3. Dex—Tell us a little about your relationship with Briar, past and present. Do you feel that everything happened for a reason and that you two had to be in the right time and place?  How would you have reacted to the possibility of being a father back then?

A. First and foremost, Briar Kennedy is my best friend ... always has been, always will be ... we connected so much further than just a random screw ... she's real ..she was with me before I became wealthy and she'd be there when all of it dried up ... that says a lot about a person.  I'd like to say if we could have made a go of it a decade ago, we would have ... but both of us had things that we wanted to accomplish ... and she really did love Erik ... I always wanted her to have that happiness, and for a while she had it ... I'm not sure how I feel about being a father now, but I can tell you, regardless if Katelynn is my daughter or not, I'm all she has ... and she's mine ... I love that little angel more than I can even describe ... but Briar is starting to hit me up for another baby ... oy ... she's even been caught looking up vasectomy reversals ... I swear, if those fuckers want to dig back into my nuts, Briar's gonna have to find a sweet way to con me into it.
   
Follow up to Q3: Dex, out of curiosity, what prompted you to have a vasectomy in the first place at such a young age? (And are you sure it worked or was that after the...well we'll call it the Katelynn possibility?)

Dex: After what happened between my parents ... or at least, what I THOUGHT happened between my parents, I didn't ever want to bring a child into the world and have it end the same  ... and my neutering was done just after Briar moved away when we were younger.


Q4. Briar—So Dexter believed that all those women he was with knew what they were getting into and just thought they’d be the one to “save” him from his “foolish ways.”  In the end, it was you who made him want just one woman. Did you see the real man all along?  Tell us how you see Dexter.

A. Girl, please.  Dexter is a man in his own category.  He's the biggest asshole you'll ever meet, but he's my asshole.  I think I may have loved him in one way or another since the first moment I met him.  The biggest thing about Dex, and any man, they just want to be accepted.  Too many women run around thinking that men need to be trained ... that's a lie.  Men need to be accepted and when you find the one you can't life without, you'll find a way to accept things from him that you wouldn't anyone else.  He's flawed, but it's because of those flaws that I love him.

*Interviewer inserts comment* That’s very sweet, Briar. Dex is very lucky to have you.


Q5. Nicholas—What did you think of Dex’s cataloging system? Have you ever considered trying it yourself? Do you have a story to tell sometime?

A. Dex is my boy.  I can't judge him or his system.  Is it something that I'd ever do myself, no, probably not ... but it's not my place to make comments on something that I know nothing about.  And I've been chatting a little with Ashley about telling my story ... there's a few chapters written so far.  I'd like her to hurry up, but this lady is hard to nail down .. she has so many projects she's already working on, I might have to sit on the back burner until next spring *wink wink*

Follow up to Q5: Nicholas, do you miss not having Dex to party with now that he has Briar? Do those two make settling down seem appealing?

Nicholas: I don't think I'm into the whole settling down thing.  I mean, I was before, but that's a story for another day.  And I do miss Dex.  I miss my job ... but I've been really lucky to start driving for someone else, a little bit more security.  I'm sure I'll tell you all about it in the Spring of 2015.

*Interviewer inserts comment* Inquiring minds are already intrigued to read about it.


Plus… Five rapid fire questions for Dex...

#1 Favorite food to bring to bed - strawberries, chocolate, or whip cream?

Dex: Who needs food when you have pussy?

#2 What’s on your bedside table?

Dex: My phone, a lamp, Briar's lotion, Katelynn's brush, a water ring because Briar doesn't understand the need for coasters, the TV remote and the case of a Frozen DVD

#3 Name one thing you’d like Briar to do more of.

Dex: Is she here? *looks around* Okay ... I think it's safe *checks again* ... I'd really like her to stop trying to make Italian meatballs ... they're terrible and I think they're slowly killing me ... she just needs to never do that again.
Briar - What do you mean they're terrible?  Dammit Dex, why lie to me
Dex - Baby ... I thought you weren't here ... I'm sorry ... they taste like dog's ass
Briar - You have a habit of licking dog's asses?  Should I get tested for something?
Dex - Moving on ....
Briar - Yeah, we're moving right the fuck along ... I'll meet you in the bedroom when you're done ... *walks out the door* ... after I said all those nice things about him *mumbling from the other side of the door*

#4 Morning person or night person?

Dex: Morning ... morning sex ... sex in the morning ... shower sex in the morning ... breakfast sex ... yeah ... I’m gonna say Morning is my final answer.

#5 First thing you wash in the shower?

Dex: Briar's back <---- yeah ... oh yeah ... see above. 


Thanks Dex, Briar, Nicholas, and Ashley Suzanne!  *Wipes tears from eyes from still laughing at #3*  You made the Book-Bosomed Book Blog’s night!


Ashley Suzanne is a married mother of three little boys as well as a daughter, aunt, sister, best friend, birth mother, blogger, book whore and author. Ashley is a native to the suburbs of Detroit, with most of her family living in Kentucky and New York.
You can usually find Ashley sitting in bed, with her laptop, playing on Facebook, pretending to write, entering giveaways (she's also a swag whore) or on a football field with her oldest son, Tyler. Yep, not only is she a football fan, she's a football mom!
When she's reading, it's typically something to do with romance, erotica being her favorite genre. She's a total fan-girl over a few authors, Pamela Ann, Brooke Cumberland, SE Hall, Madeline Sheehan, Jasinda Wilder,  CM Stunich, Nicole Jacquelyn, Erin Noelle and Riley Rhea to name a few.
Ashley has no pets, unless you count her children and she is a little OCD. Her favorite color is pink. Her favorite drink is cherry vodka and coke and double chocolate brownies are a must.

You can follow Ashley at the following:

No comments:

Post a Comment